Andrew’s Make a Wish Trip – Day 1

Andrew’s Make a Wish Trip was “a Dream come true” as he kept saying all week. He asked Make a Wish for our entire family to go on a Disney Cruise and it was a trip where many great memories were created. We took a lot of pictures and video, so it may take some time to get everything out for you to see. We thought it would make the most sense to try to post each day’s experience. Here is day 1 (Saturday, September 7th)…

Andrew couldn’t sleep he was so excited. In fact, he came in our room around 5am chatting away about all of the fun he is going to have on the Disney Cruise. All of the bags were packed and the limo would be arriving around 10am. We started the morning off with some Dunkin Donuts (Andrew’s choice) and lots of excitement. Andrew got dressed in his Make a Wish tshirt and we all put on our pins ready to start his great adventure.

At 10am, Modji, arrived at our house with a stretch limo. Nana and Papa were here and can testify to how estatic Andrew was to see the HUGE limo. Modji grabbed our bags and we said good bye to reality for next few days. The ride to the airport was amazing, everyone would look at the limo and a great big smile would light up their face when they saw the Make a Wish sign on the side door.

Once we arrived at the airport, we checked in our bags, and got through security with great ease. This in itself is a great miracle, since Andrew and I are usually pulled aside and searched for a bit, and his medications always take a while to get cleared. I think security took only 5 minutes…a Madonia record!

Once we got settled at the gate, Andrew was hungry, and wanted one of his favorite meals…a Hamburger ketchup only. He is definitely living the dream now. ๐Ÿ™‚

Once on the plane, we were treated with lots of great care by the Southwest Airlines flight attendants. I don’t want anyone to get in trouble, but I must admit, we definitely got more than the 2 alloted snacks per passenger. lol. Andrew was such a salesman…that’s my boy. The flight was about 4 1/2 hours long, but actually went by pretty fast.

Once we arrived in Orlando airport, we gathered our bags and headed to the Hyatt hotel inside the airport. We were greeted with a very warm welcoming by MJ, our personal concierge. She whispered to my wife that Andrew had a BIG surprise waiting for him in the room. They knew he was coming and that his birthday was just around the corner, so they made an amazing cake for us to enjoy that night. We also, had amazing room service for dinner…all thanks for Make a Wish!

After dinner, it was time for bed and we were all exhausted from a long day of traveling. Tomorrow was going to be another big day, so unfortunately I must end our post here. However, I will try to post Day 2 very soon…trust me you won’t want to miss the days to come. ๐Ÿ˜‰

PS – Below are pictures from Day 1 (to see pictures you will need to go to

The Madonia’s


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this:
search previous next tag category expand menu location phone mail time cart zoom edit close